Lena’s Record of Accomplishment
Plenty of politicians say the right things. Lena Tam gets it done. Lena’s diverse scope of leadership and accomplishments makes her uniquely prepared to tackle the many tough challenges facing the Alameda County Board of Supervisors. Keep reading, and you’ll agree: Lena Tam is the candidate best prepared to move Alameda County forward.
Lena Tam’s proven record of accomplishments:
- While President of the City of Alameda Health Care Board, Lena kept Alameda Hospital open with emergency services.
- While Vice Mayor of the City of Alameda, Lena secured housing for low income seniors and veterans at Littlejohn Commons.
- While Vice Mayor, Lena also secured transit-oriented low income and workforce housing in Downtown Alameda at Park Alameda.
- While Vice Mayor, Lena also led the effort on Alameda’s Sunshine Ordinance and the creation of the Open Government Commission.
- As a Councilmember, Lena also served on the liaison committee with the school district to increase access to recreation facilities like the Encinal pools.
- As the Manager of the Water Resources Planning Department of EBMUD, Lena has been a strong environmental steward for our watershed lands and water resources.
- At EBMUD, Lena also developed the agency’s climate resiliency plans and emergency action plans.
- As the Chair of the Alameda County Planning Commission, Lena eased traffic in congested neighborhoods and preserved valued open space and historic landmarks in unincorporated communities.
- On the Alameda County Planning Commission, Lena also protected local streams and creeks from urban runoff, promoting drought-resistant landscaping.
Lena has been delivering for our community for decades, often working side-by-side with Supervisor Chan. She is the thoughtful and effective leader Alameda County needs.
Lena’s Life of Service (A Partial List)
- City of Alameda, Vice Mayor, Councilmember, 2006-2014
- Alameda County Planning Commissioner, Chair, 2001-2004
- City of Alameda Health Care Board President, 2002-2006
- Asian Pacific Employees Association at EBMUD, Founding Board Member, 1999-2001
- Friends of the Park Foundation, Board member, 2016-present
- Alameda Hospital Foundation, Board member, 2019-present
- American Association of University Women, Alameda Branch, Board Member
- Asian Pacific American Democratic Caucus of Alameda County, President
- Asian Americans for Good Government (AAGG), Past Boardmember
- Alameda County 100 Club, Member, 2017-Present
League of California Cities, At-Large Board Member, 2006-2014
- Environmental Quality Policy Committee, Water Task Force, Employee Relations; Asian Pacific American Caucus
- Alameda League of Women Voters, President, 1998-2000
- Alameda County League of Women Voters, Chair, 1999
- Sierra Club, Member
- Save the Bay, Past Board Member
- Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2005
- East Bay Asian Voter Education Consortium, Past Chair, Board Member
- National Women’s Political Caucus, Executive Board Member
- California Federation of Business & Professional Women, 2001 Award for Women of Achievement
Do you like this page?